Natalia's journey

In reality our entire family news will be shared through this blog as our baby grows and as we fight cancer.

Monday, March 27, 2006

More history

Letter #2 from March 11, 2006:

Dear family and friends,

Well, since I promised an update last time – here it is … and it is going to be short and sour … we received the scan results yesterday and while I am still responding to the treatment, the progress has slowed down. My mass only reduced from 4.6 x 4.4 to 2.9 x 3.0 cm. And the cancerous activity is now at 4.4 (from 5.8); where as we have hoped it would be at 2.5 or less. So this means that I may now be considered at higher risk than before and I definitely need to extend the treatment for another 4 months plus radiation. I don’t know how I am going to do it… I am both physically and mentally worn out and now I feel tortured. One side of me says to just let it go (there are too many ifs and lots of hope with not much supporting facts) and another one says - keep trying (don’t give up as you are responsible for your baby and husband). I am so confused … why it is going this way?

Only Andryusha is doing great, keeping up in the top 10 percent. Here are some pics to enjoy.


Love,

Natalia, Andryusha and Raymond

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home