Natalia's journey

In reality our entire family news will be shared through this blog as our baby grows and as we fight cancer.

Tuesday, April 18, 2006

Is Chernobyl related to my cancer?

Well, as the article in the title link suggests, far many more are affected than originally estimated (the other articles at the bottom are rather interesting as well). I am puzzled and curious … I don't know but feel like it may very well be linked. Ukraine is on the border with Moldova, my home country. Sometimes, I get into the drill of 'why', 'why me', 'why now' and every time I hear or see cancer related stuff on the news, it gets even more intense ... I probably should not, cause it does not make any difference. I can't turn the clock and undo anything. And frankly, I begin to think, that may be this is how it should be ... you know, cancer grows on you. I talk with myself and with my cancer... I am not angry anymore, I even joke about it. Who knows, may be someday, I'll come to miss the pains I am experiencing now. Gush, I am so much more sensitive to life. I cry for little things - a smile of Andryusha, the look in Raymond's eyes, the songs from home, you name it - and I might cry .... oh well. I'll cut it here :)

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home