Natalia's journey

In reality our entire family news will be shared through this blog as our baby grows and as we fight cancer.

Sunday, May 14, 2006

Biopsy update

It went well. It took a little longer than expected as they had to "stab" a bunch of times. For some reason the mass was very hard (fibrosis?) and it was difficult to get the stuff out. The first doc tried it about 10 times then another doctor tried 3 more times at a different angle and was able to finally get to some soft tissue. I was awake the whole time (sedation just kept me calm) and felt mild stabs so now I know what it feels like to be stabbed :) I mow also know the exact location of the mass - slightly to the left from the chest center and pretty close to the port. I was very tired the rest of the day with mild chest pain. Most importantly, my lungs are fine (thank God) and tomorrow we will be going back for the results and consultation on the course of action.

P.S.: Thank you for all the e-mails, comments and calls these past few days - they mean a lot to us though we may not always respond right away. Thank you!!!

1 Comments:

  • At 8:05 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    Natalia,
    You don't know me, I am a friend of Folake's. I just want to encourage you through your Journey. May the Lord give you strength for your treatment and may HIS healing powers flow through with every treament. May the restoration of healthy cells outnumber to unhealthy cells. May the Lord guide the doctors to the best treatment for you, may their hands beguided by the Lord always. I pray that you will have complete restoration in your body and that they disease that is in your body leave in the name of Jesus. For you are to be healed by the tripes of Jesus and be able to stand strong knowing that he is your Jehovah Raffa (your healer). I will be praying for you daily and look forward to hearing a good report and clean bill of health.
    Your friend in Christ,
    Gayle

     

Post a Comment

<< Home