Natalia's journey

In reality our entire family news will be shared through this blog as our baby grows and as we fight cancer.

Sunday, June 11, 2006

What happen?

Just when I thought I was free of pain and getting better I got a call from my local clinic saying my blood markers were too low and I'd need blood work every day and some Neupogen shots and some pills for low potassium. I could not believe it ... Neupogen really makes me miserable - it's stronger than Neulasta but acts over a shorter period. Those of you who ever gave birth can relate to this comparison - contractions! When I was pregnant swimming brought substantial relief but now I am told I should not swim (cause I can end up in a hospital should I catch any bug); and I can't eat fresh fruits and veggies - something I've been doing all this time! You can imagine how bombed I felt.

Good news is that the shots and the pills did their job and I am now much much better.
I am over the pain and I don't have to do blood work till Tuesday! In fact, I am feeling rather terrific - we took care of so much needed household stuff (like 4 batches of laundry :)) and I went to a concert of Russian songwriters.

So I have one more week to enjoy before I return to MDA. And, the World Cup is on - Raymond is so excited about each game (he used to play in the national youth league n Belize). And I love football too!

5 Comments:

  • At 9:07 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    Hi Natalia,
    Hope you are recovering well...We, here at Gurgaon, wish you all the very best so that you get well soon..
    Thanks n Regards,
    Mohit Verma
    DB Woodlands
    Gurgaon

     
  • At 9:08 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    Hi Natalia,
    Hope you are recovering well...We, here at Gurgaon, wish you all the very best so that you get well soon..
    Thanks n Regards,
    Mohit Verma
    DB Woodlands
    Gurgaon

     
  • At 8:52 PM, Blogger Natalia said…

    Thank you Mary! It's great to hear from you :)

    Hi Mohit, Thank you for the well wishes! I can't believe it's been a year since we've been to India ... time flies! Please pass my regards to all my students and the Rockwell team in Gurgaon.

     
  • At 9:52 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    Hi Natalia,

    I know i have been very bad at correspondence but the wishes and silent prayers for a lovely mother like you are very genuine

    Hope you are well and continue strongly fighting this demon!!!

    Wud love to see you in India again-Healthy and Happy

     
  • At 9:54 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    Oops sorry, Natalia that bad correspondent was me and see i goofed up again

    Jayanti

     

Post a Comment

<< Home