Natalia's journey

In reality our entire family news will be shared through this blog as our baby grows and as we fight cancer.

Monday, July 17, 2006

We are pleased :)

As my MD Anderson oncologist put it "I am not elated but I feel good -- we are moving in the right direction". After a long and tiring day I am sharing with you the good news: "Size does not matter BUT activity levels do!". That's the message in a nut shell :) The details are: the chest mass barely shrank and is currently at 2.3 by 3.0 cm. The activity level though (the SUV) has come down from 6.0 to 2.6! My lowest ever was 4.4 (4 months ago) so this is way way better and I am feeling content. I am not in remission though so both of my docs there want me to do another round of new chemo - they believe my body responds better to new things so tomorrow I'll be checking in one more time for about 5 days. This time I'll be getting a cocktail of 4 new drugs - IGVM (Ifosfamide, Gemzar, Vinorelbine (navelbine) & Methylprednisolone. By now I feel like a pro and I am no longer scared. In fact, my doc feels so confident I'll be in remission that he wants to combine stem cell collection with this round of chemo. I am not sure of all the details but it should take 5 days for the chemo than 2 weeks to recover than they check for blood work and do another CT scan and if all good than they will start on the stem cell collection (another 3-7 day process). So all in all the real action will come into play in about 3 weeks or so... wow! It’s about time :)

Well, enough for today - I am very tired so I am going to bed.
Be good to yourselves and take care of those you love! Be Happy! I am happy!

5 Comments:

  • At 10:26 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    Natalia,
    Good news! Happy to hear of the declining SUV rate. It looks like the Hodge is no match for you - you are an amazing warrior!
    I will be thinking of you through the IGVM week ahead and sending all of my strength and energy your way!
    Love,
    Rebecca

     
  • At 5:08 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    Dearest Natalia, it was SOOOOO good to see you and Raymond and little Andryusha this week-end even if it was so brief. I just read your last update and I'm HAPPY!! You're in all our hearts, I know you know but it bears repeating :-) much, much love, millie

     
  • At 9:44 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    Natasha,

    I am sooo glad to hear the good news! I am also very pleased to see your spirits up! Keep on fighting! This life is worth the struggle. Kiss Andryusha for me, he is so adorable!

    Love,
    Julia

     
  • At 2:12 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    way to go Natalia , I knew you are a born fighter and you shall overcome these easily. God bless you and our prayers and love is with you

    Abhishek and Lakshmi

     
  • At 9:02 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    We all continue to think about you often. Today, on our offshore call with Harmeet and others, they are all inquired about you and have been praying for you. They keep up with your blog site, so your messages are making it around the world. We continue to await your return to your Hewitt family. Best wishes.

    Lisa Nelligan

     

Post a Comment

<< Home