Natalia's journey

In reality our entire family news will be shared through this blog as our baby grows and as we fight cancer.

Sunday, July 23, 2006

Gaining the momentum

A lot of good things are happening and I can not be happier even with the chemo effects working in me. First of, my insurance approved me for the transplant just in time for this chemo to be considered the mobilization chemo – which means I don’t have to do another chemo to collect the cells – this chemo is it! Second, the cocktail was pretty good on me – I must say this was the best chemo I’ve had. I know it works as I feel my lymph nodes and my body hurts again but I am almost used to it; and I don’t have the other bad side effects such as nausea, dizziness and extreme exhaustion.

More importantly, something’s changed in me. Not sure how to describe it and sometimes I feel there are no words that would express all that we are going through, yet today I came across this passage – it sums it well:

“Do not grieve at the afflictions and calamities that have befallen thee. All calamities and afflictions have been created for man so that he may spurn this mortal world – a world to which is he is much attached. When he experienceth severe trials and hardships, then his nature will recoil and he will desire the eternal realm – a realm which is sanctified from all afflictions and calamities.”

I am above my illness and the tribulations it has brought onto us – I see the eternal Beauty above and it’s worth any pain.

7 Comments:

  • At 11:08 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    Natalia,

    Do you have to get a SCT ? can you start sny clinicl trials? If so Alese is on a trial chemo GND that causes no hair loss and has very little side affects. It is working. I hope this is ok to ask you, please no you can tell me if its not I would understand.

    Bless you Natalia you are in our prayers, and we really are here for you if you need anything at all. Please do not hesitate to call us or if your parents want to call us. Our ph# 310-528-0943

    Love,
    The Coco's

     
  • At 11:13 PM, Blogger Natalia said…

    Hello again! Actually, my last new cocktail - IGEV - contained 2 of the drugs Alese uses (Gemzar and Navalbine). Indeed, it was much more managable than any other chemo. The issue with SCT is that all my oncologists (and I've seen 4) believe that I have only 20% chance of cure if I achieve remission at leave it at that. With SCT they think my chances are as high as 50-60% and that's why they recommend it. If you don't mind, I'll call you sometime this week - thank you for your prayers and consideration!

     
  • At 5:36 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    Hello Natalia,
    I occasionally saw your blog website in reply to Alla's e-mail. My prayers are with you and Raymond, I am with you and I know that you will overcome it!
    With Baha'i love,
    Pete (formerly from Kishinev's community)

     
  • At 11:27 AM, Blogger Natalia said…

    Pete, Privet! kakie lyudi!
    Gde ty sei'chas? Ny sovsem poteryali svyaz' - napishi nam po mylu. Vseh blag!

     
  • At 8:33 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    Privet Natasha,

    Eto Valik, Drug Pita, Esli pomnishi iz Kishineva, He just sent me your site. Please be in touch and I hope everything will be fine. Privet Raimondu.
    Valik

     
  • At 10:32 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    Hi Natalia, I haven't talked you in a long while, but I just wanted to let you know how happy I am to hear you are doing better!

    It is amazing to me how the two of us could be diagnosed with the same disease and have such different experiences with treatment. But as I have been reading your blog, the one thing that the we do have in common is our feelings on the process. I always told myself that I could have any number of different chemo treatments, but the best medicine is believing that cancer is just something I have, and not something that has me.

    Keep your head up and keep fighting, you will get through this and look back at it as a 'temporary inconvenience.' : ) I'm praying for you and wish you the best!

    Ben Grimmett

     
  • At 9:08 PM, Blogger Natalia said…

    Valik, privet! Konechno my tebya pomnim i ochen rady slyshat' ot tebya. Nadeemsya u tebya vse horosho :) Pishi!

     

Post a Comment

<< Home