Natalia's journey

In reality our entire family news will be shared through this blog as our baby grows and as we fight cancer.

Thursday, October 19, 2006

Post SCT results

So today I got my results: the good part is that PET is still negative on the lymph nodes; the so so news is that the mass didn't shrink much more -- it's about 2.7 by 2.8 cm just as before the transplant; and the not so good news is that there is a low-grade uptake in both of my lungs ..."in keeping with an inflammatory process; nonspecific opacity in right one and stable nodule in the left one." PET people think it's infection; CT thinks it is infection but also stated it could be recurrent lymphoma ... my SCT oncologist thinks it's infection and started me on some antibiotics and we sure hope in two weeks when I am due for scans again it will be all clean and clear. He also stated that once I am stabilized he'd like me to go for radiation. So as much as I'd like to be done it looks like my journey is not yet over. Well, at least I know the hardest part is behind. :)

Other than that, on Tuesday I turned 29 ... the only thought that came to mind is 'Gush, I am ALIVE!' And then I recalled that exactly a year ago on my 28 b-day an ENT doc just plainly stated that he thinks I have lymphoma and that he wants to do a full biopsy the next day at 6 am.... and with a 2 week infant in my hands I was stoned to say the least and for the first time ever really scared. Now, a year later, I think I am very grateful that he took charge and was so proactive and did his best to diagnose me right the first time. Isn't this life amazing?

3 Comments:

  • At 9:14 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    Natusik, I wish you a happy belated Birthday! May you have many, many more to come!!!
    I am hoping that antibiotics will do the trick, and all these troubles will be left behind!

    Get well soon!
    Love,

    Julia Brensel

     
  • At 8:43 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    Natashenika,

    Happy Birthday, my dearest. Happy Baha'i Birthday, too. I am thinking about you all the time. You are such an inspiration to all of us - you wake us up from slumber, make us realize what priorities in life should be. You have no idea how many lives you are impacting with your courage. But still I am praying that God spares you and Raymond any more tests.

    With warmest love,

    Nastia, Sasha, Daniel, Maxim, and Michael

     
  • At 11:35 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    Dear Natalia,

    My family wants to take this opportunity to wish you a new year in your life with lots of spiritual and physical energy! If you did what you did this past year with all the tests imagine what you can accomplish this year and beyond!! You will see amazing changes in Andryusha. Just this will blow you away! Plus you have such a super husband/father, what elese can you ask for? :-)

    God bless you. You continue to be in our prayers ... Mioara, Samandar & Anisa

     

Post a Comment

<< Home