Natalia's journey

In reality our entire family news will be shared through this blog as our baby grows and as we fight cancer.

Saturday, August 05, 2006

I’ve been in HELL …

…. I am glad to be coming out of it. Remember I told you IGeV was the best chemo I’ve had … and I wondered why did they give me ESHAP first when it was so much harder that IGeV. Well, I know now – the hard way. They warned me the biggest side effect is low low counts and that I’d need transfusions to avoid bleeding and major infections. Well, I got it last Friday … then Saturday I felt some scratchy throat and weakness; then Sunday I knew I was coming down with flu. My Monday counts also went up and they said I am ready to be pherised (collect stem cells) so Tuesday I came back even though I still felt sick and I had a temperature. By the end of the day I was a major disaster with a fever and non stop runny nose and congestion. Oh, yes – another juicy nugget some might enjoy – I’ve been giving Neupogen shots to myself twice a day and the amount of lower body pain I’ve had can amount to a birth of another baby. So with the Neupogen shots and prior chemos I could not get anything over the counter and Raymond left my doc a message on Wednesday pleading for help. The protocol is to go to Emergency if I was over 101.0 but I was on the border below. Anyway, I got some antibiotics on Thursday and with continued rubs I am now much better. The bad news is I don’t know if I managed to collect enough of cells. I need 5 million so I really thought I would rock this in 2-3 days, yet I kept declining every day. And as of yesterday I only had 4 million. They gave me FOUR shots yesterday in hopes I’d do better today. But honestly, I don’t know. I did only 0.5 mln yesterday and I don’t know if I came up today … I have temperature, low blood pressure, high pulse and headache… I fear for the quality of the cells -- I don’t want my sick cells back any more! So that’s that … I don’t know what they will want to do. I’ll see the SCT guy on Tuesday and will update you then (and somewhere next week I am supposed to get another IGeV even though the mass didn’t shrink … I am so afraid of what will happen after it … will I die of chemo? I’d rather die of chemo than cancer …

6 Comments:

  • At 1:26 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    Oh Natalia, So sorry to hear of your past week. There was nothing worse than chemo, except for being sick during chemo. I had a few bad colds and I was so discouraged during them.
    Lean on all of us if you need some support. You are so strong, but it's important to let yourself just feel crappy sometimes too.

    Take care.
    L,
    Rebecca

     
  • At 7:10 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    Natalia,
    I think about you all the time and am praying for you. I too take those Newpogen shots (only 2 a week) and hate the pain it causes so I can only imagine what the pain must be like for you. I hope you find a calm in the storm soon!
    -jennifer brunk

     
  • At 7:15 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    Natalia,

    I think about you often and am praying for you. I too take those awful Neupogen shots (twice a week) and hate the pain it causes. I can't imagine what it must feel like to get them every day! I hope and pray you find a calm spot in the storm soon. We'll keep praying!

     
  • At 9:04 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    Dear Natalia,
    Don't lose hope - keep fighting. You will overcome this. I pray for you each day on my way to work and my family prays for you each night together and then Celeste always has special prayers for you. You are so special to so many people.

    Don't lose hope- never give up.

    My son Eric always tells me:

    "Even though the sun is behind the clouds - it doesn't mean the sun is not shining."

    Give Raymond and Andryusha our love.

    Love Always,
    Cathryn

     
  • At 9:35 PM, Blogger Natalia said…

    hello dear shazma, it looks like you are no longer with the firm .. please e-mail me your new e-mail address. good to hear from you!

     
  • At 9:12 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    Natashenka, please hold on! I am thinking of you every day, and wish for you to win this battle. I know you will. You are strong and determined. You also have many reasons to fight for. Please post more pictures of Andryusha. I know he should start walking in a few months. That will be an amazing joy for you! You are in our thoughts!

    Love,

    Julia

     

Post a Comment

<< Home