Natalia's journey

In reality our entire family news will be shared through this blog as our baby grows and as we fight cancer.

Saturday, October 14, 2006

Recovery process...

is what my life is in a nutshell ... I drive to MD Anderson twice a week for blood work and visits with the APN (chief nurse). My counts were pretty good last week but this week they've been dropping (especially platelets) so they monitor me closely. I am back on some shots and drugs; my nausea is constantly there but vomiting seams to always come as a surprise (twice this week). Yesterday I had a CT scan and now my stomach is all upset again .... Monday I will have a PET scan and I should know the latest and surely gratest results next Thursday; so all in all I am better but nowhere near where I thought I'd be. It also came a bit as a shock to learn the lasting power effect of the transplant: it will take about 6-9 months for my counts to rebound and about a year for the immune system to get back to normal; as for fatigue ... well, that may take as long as 2-3 years; and I am not going to mention about infertility ... we'll just hope and pray for another miracle (my life seams to be one miracle after another so I count on God remaining kind to us).
Apart from that, Andryusha got a flu on Sunday and it took him a few days to get well so when we saw our pediatrician on Wednesday we were happy to hear he is still doing great and keeping up in the top 5% (that's 95th percentile all around - very proportionate :)
And oh yes, we've received an amazing number of birthday wishes (didn't count but looks like well over 50) -- they are all so touching and very special; Thank you so very much! This will be one fat time capsule :)

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home