Natalia's journey

In reality our entire family news will be shared through this blog as our baby grows and as we fight cancer.

Saturday, August 12, 2006

update + please help in any way you can

I just got some blood transfusion and feel pretty perky and awake (I was down and weak since yesterday and after vomiting unexpectedly I ended up sleeping most of the day - I am doing ok now).

So here is latest update: Last Monday I ended up collecting some more cells (I guess the doctors felt my fear that it was not enough) and now I have 4.9 mln cells frozen and waiting for me whenever I am ready (a little short of the target of 5 mln but oh well...). They will test them to see if they have any bacteria or virus since I was so sick during collection and if there is infection then I'll get some strong antibiotics at the time of stem cell infusion. So I am stuck with my cells and I'll "reap the harvest I've sown" (Pink Floyd) :)

Apart from that, I saw my oncologist (Dr. Hagemeister) - he is indeed a genius, I am so fascinated with his talks and wish I could attend his lectures some day. He ordered full restaging scans after this chemo and we should know the results of the 2 IGeVs in about 3 weeks. He also touched my heart by saying Raymond 'is a good man for me' - I could not get a better compliment!

And last, but not least I'd like to ask for help for a girl in NY - she needs a donor from her ethnic background - Ashkenazi Jews ( details are here: http://www.alesecoco.org/lindsey.html ). Even if you can spread the link around that would be fantastic! THANK YOU!!!

1 Comments:

  • At 3:47 PM, Blogger Natalia said…

    Hi Mike! Thanks for the positive vibes and offer to share your experience. yes, I'd love to hear from you (and I can call you later). You can write me at raynat25@yahoo.com ... please tell Shazma to drop me her new e-mail as well. Thanks!

     

Post a Comment

<< Home