Natalia's journey

In reality our entire family news will be shared through this blog as our baby grows and as we fight cancer.

Friday, March 07, 2008

A little bit of everything....

Good, so-so and just bad...

I feel like letting out the bad news first... I am once again heart broken with the sudden loss of a dear Baha’i friend Arturo who was diagnosed with lung cancer about a year ago. He recently completed his chemo therapy and being the optimistic and flamboyant person that he was he decided to get back to work and take on some traveling assignments and off he went to Nirobi, Kenya. Before too long he got some kind of virus/inflammation in his lugs and was hospitalized then moved to ICU there. It looked like he was going to pull it off since he got better and was able to return back to US but then it once again went for the worse.... they were on their way to a doctor in Mexico when he needed emergency care once again and they lost him yesterday on the way to the hospital....Along with his wife Virginia they hosted one of our baby showers; we also spent incredible time with him in Paris in his Champs-Elysées apartment; and remaining 6+ years we've known him was simply a blast jamming music together. He was a great musician, artist (painter) and loved to travel. Arturo was always happy, loved his family and cherished friends. This is how I will always remember him ... I am pretty sure he is already jamming in the next world, smiling upon us.


The so-so news is my visit with the dentist.... I found out they plan to use IV drips once again for my bone density treatment.... I dread it - my veins still hurt just doing blood work and I get nauseous with a thought of any sort of infusion. Only good thing is my teeth are in good shape and thus I have the minimal risk of getting the 'dead jaw' (necrosis of the jaw bone). Still, I am not looking forward to the side effects which may include nausea, diarrhea, digestive issues, bone pain (like I need more) and so on.

Finally, on to good news ... tomorrow is International Women's Day and I plan to celebrate! (…in hopes of forgetting the upcoming meeting with endocrinologist) I wish all the ladies and girls reading this to always be healthy, love and be loved -- a simple recipe for being beautiful and happy!

3 Comments:

  • At 4:20 PM, Blogger Susan said…

    Natalia,
    Thank you for these fond memories of Arturo, a truly remarkable man. And I so appreciate the photos since I haven't seen him in a few years

    Good luck with your bones, my friend. You are always in my prayers.
    love,
    s

     
  • At 5:45 PM, Blogger Unknown said…

    Hi Natalia,

    Thank you for leaving me a message on my web page.

    You are so beautiful and such a FIGHTER!!!

    I'm so happy that you are able to enjoy "living" again.

    Keep Smiling, Fighting, & Laughing!

    Lots of positive thoughts,
    Jen
    www.jenniferwilley.org

     
  • At 11:36 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    Once again a very touching and inspiring message dear Natalia about our dearest friend Arturo. Now we have even better 'connections' to get help from the Concourse on High! :-)

    You never know how many people you are helping with this blog. Keep up the good work and we will continue our prayers for all those need of healing ...

    samandar

     

Post a Comment

<< Home