Natalia's journey

In reality our entire family news will be shared through this blog as our baby grows and as we fight cancer.

Wednesday, May 30, 2007

Latest and GREATEST results!

Once again, I've gone for my PET/CT/bloodwork/ex-ray tests and as of now I am all CLEAN!! What more could I ask for? I am HAPPY!

There are still some residual opacities in my lungs but since they aren't growing or moving my doctors feel confident I am ok. And while my bloodwork is still below the normal levels it's made some incremental improvement and since a slow recovery is expected after the transplant I am happy with any progress. My major concerns are still the fatigue and some dizziness when I bend down (due to low blood pressure in the 80s/50s range). Thus, celebration this time is not as excubirant as before; in fact, I can no longer be childishly happy because I know that sometimes victory is just a matter of luck -- I am sad when I think of Alese and even more sad when I think of my two fellow Hodgkins board members who had their transplant at about the same time as I did but who unfortunately relapsed. Dave has 2 kids (4 and 8) and Sarah has Lorainne (her partner) and 7-8 pets. I wish they'll find some way to cure them or at least buy them another 10-15 years of life. Both Sarah and Dave have great positive spirits, love life and so deserve to be cured.

So while I proudly wear my new t-shirt :) (see below) I do acknowledge the bittersweat taste of my small victories of every 3 months....I am so glad to be reliefed for this long and hope that my fatigue will improve and that I can start the "new normal" life working and raising a family in the next 6-8 months.

Enjoy the upcoming summer! Now that I finally have the doctor's permission to travel I will be leaving for Moldova and so my posts will be not as frequent but I'll try to post once a month. Hugs to everyone!

7 Comments:

  • At 12:19 PM, Blogger TheBehst said…

    Can you leave a small corner of the world for me? You look wonderful in smile and in spirit.

     
  • At 10:41 PM, Blogger Darrel Hale said…

    Natalia- I am so glad to hear that your scans continue to come back clean. I wanted to thank you for all the encouragement you have give me through out my transplant. I agree about the bittersweet victories, but don't question that you made it while other's don't...thus is the dance of life.

    Enjoy your travels!
    Darrel

     
  • At 12:48 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    Thanks for the update Natalia. You are doing a great service by sharing your experience and victories one step at a time!

    Saludos y abrazos de toda la familia!

     
  • At 10:16 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    So proud of you accomplishments. We all miss you at work and look forward to having you with us soon.

     
  • At 9:22 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    Natasha, I am so glad to see that you are doing good. You look beautiful also! It was a tough journey, and I am very happy to see you victorious!

    Love,

    Julia Brensel

     
  • At 3:16 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    Hi Natalia...so glad you were able to get over to visit family. Hope you are having a GREAT time. Let me know when you are back in town, looking forward to having lunch again! Miss you...

    Lisa N

     
  • At 12:46 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    Love the hair!
    and thank you for all your kind words...glad to hear of your clean scans
    J

     

Post a Comment

<< Home