Natalia's journey

In reality our entire family news will be shared through this blog as our baby grows and as we fight cancer.

Wednesday, October 17, 2007

Big 30 ...wow, I made it this far :)

Well, today I turn the big 30 -- no sad feelings whatsoever.... there is a lot to look back at... hardships we've endured, milestones we've accomplished and all good things Life has taught us. I remember how depressed I felt when I turned 25 -- felt sooo old, like as if I knew it all and there was nothing new to experience or be excited about. Well, since then my life has definitely changed to be a roller coaster of ups and downs.... after having a great pregnancy and a nice water birth experience I was hit way low with the cancer news... actually, exactly 2 years ago, on my 28th b-day when a local ENT doc told me he was highly confident that I had cancer.... my husband thought he was plain rude but he turned out to be right. Now, after almost 2 years of hell I feel that I am starting a new life and if there is a b-day wish to make it is that I may have another 30 years to live so I can be around for my son and my husband whenever they may need me. And if I could stay healthy most of the time that would be great too :) .... I've been having some minor issues/pains for the last week or so and I just hope it's not any new side-effects that will make me go back to doctors again and again....don't want any new tests or pills. And I surely don't feel bad about being 30 ...my mid-life crisis already occurred and I know what to do with the rest of time I have, whatever that may be.

Here are a few random pics .... I will be posting more later. With Dr. Hagemeister at Lymphoma & Leukemia Society Talk

Andryusha's B-day - 2 years old!!!

Evening in downtown Kishinev, Moldova

Petting a dolphin after the show, Crimea

5 Comments:

  • At 7:02 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    Hi Natalia,

    I loved everything about your blog - the pictures, words and phrases in Russian. I am originally from Lithuania and know Russian.
    My husband Dan was diagnosed with Hodgkins in 2005 (stage VIB). It was a long journey, we also chose MD Anderson for his care and were very impressed. It has been over a year since his stem cell transplant. It seems that our life got back to normal and we hope will stay this way.
    I wish you and your family all the best!

    Erika

     
  • At 8:43 PM, Blogger Heather Z said…

    Hi Natalia,

    I hope you had a wonderful birthday and here is too 30 more years with that cute little boy.

    Heather Z.

     
  • At 1:30 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    Natashenika,

    Happy Birthday to you and Andriusha from all of us. It was lovely meeting this charming young man in Moldova - he's gorgeous. And it looks like you had a great time in the Crimea. Our love to Raymond.

    Love,

    Nastia and the boys

     
  • At 10:59 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    Hi Natalia - We are at MD Anderson ALL DAY today - you know what that is like! =)
    We'll be in The Woodlands tonight -Saturday if you want to get together for a cup of coffee or something....E-mail us at zanderongers@hotmail.com if you want to meet up somewhere. We'd love to meet you and your family! Talk to you soon - hope all is well.
    Zach and Erin

     
  • At 9:24 PM, Blogger The Wendels said…

    Happy Birthday (belated) Natalia! I completely missed the email notification regarding your birthday or rather life celebration. What a beautiful moment that must have been for you. Please share more pictures, first chance you get! We keep you and Raymond and Baby Andrew in our hearts! We love you and wish you many more years of life celebrations! Hugs to you from Austin!

    Love,
    The Wendels

     

Post a Comment

<< Home