Natalia's journey

In reality our entire family news will be shared through this blog as our baby grows and as we fight cancer.

Friday, November 17, 2006

For better or worse...

Well, you tell me what you think. I spent almost entire week at MDA doing CT scans, bronchoscopy, blood work and seeing doctors (except Wednesday since it was Raymond's b-day) and here are the news: Thank God I do not have cancer in my lungs; unfortunately, I have an asymptomatic migrating CMV pneumonia (cytomegalovirus) - not a good one. Yesterday my transplant onc mentioned that we caught it early, otherwise it could have become deadly. With that news he sent me straight for a 4 hour infusion in my poor little veins till 11 pm and the next morning (today) I got a new PICC line in my arm - I still hurt emotionally and physically. I tried to be so careful - what did I do wrong? What a payback -- I will be getting daily treatments for a month and have to make trips to MDA every other day (the IV antibiotics affect liver and kidneys so they have to monitor my blood work). So that's the story ... I guess I am not in the hospital and that's good. I am thankful it's not as bad as it could have been -- so Happy Thanksgiving, everyone!

3 Comments:

  • At 10:22 AM, Blogger A said…

    Natalia, don't blame yourself for catching pneumonia or ask what you did wrong. You did nothing wrong. Unfortunately, pneumonia is one of the side effects of the SCT. All you can do now is take good care of yourself, rest, relax and be very good to yourself. The good news is that you are home and that's a good sign. If you're interested, I'd like to send you a relaxation CD composed of harps. It's known for its healing and calming effects. It helped me a great deal. My twin sister and I are rooting for you! You can beat pneumonia. I beat it and my situation was very serious as well. Keep the faith!

    Best Wishes,

    Anne (your fellow HD warrior)

     
  • At 12:13 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    Natalia-
    You will overcome this latest hurdle- you have been so wonderful counting your blessings in the midst of your battle. Always know how much you are loved by so many and prayers are lifted up for you each and every day.

    With my love,
    Cathryn

     
  • At 11:42 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    Natasha,

    We are all pulling for you. Stay positive. Andriusha will keep on amazing you. Soon he'll be talking and telling you how he loves you.

    Nastia, Sasha, Daniel, Maxim and Michael

     

Post a Comment

<< Home