Natalia's journey

In reality our entire family news will be shared through this blog as our baby grows and as we fight cancer.

Friday, December 08, 2006

Moving along

So the results are in … pneumonia is going away and my lungs improved about 50%. My onc feels good about it – he says it takes about 6 weeks for CMV to go away and I did about 3 weeks now so I am on track. It’s good I don’t have fevers or other symptoms though my chest hurts a bit and my body aches a lot while my digestive system is being worn out a great deal from all the medications; so I still need to go on with the meds but at reduced frequency which is wonderful. We’ve been pretty stoned last few weeks and are looking forward to more rest. My extreme fatigue showed in my counts, which plunged down again so they monitor me closely (full blood work every other day). Other good news, my hair and eyelashes started to grow – it looked really light at first but it’s now starting to show some color. I don’t really care what color or shape it will be as long as it’s hair! (though some curls would be nice :))
And it’s hard to believe but the big 100 day mark is fast approaching. I will be having full body scans in about 10 days and the bone marrow biopsy. This time it will be under full anesthesia as I don’t have any pain tolerance left (I still remember limping for about 5 days as my hips were recovering from all the “drilling” in my bones). So wish me big time luck – I am confident I am still CANCER-FREE, I just pray for no more new surprises/issues. That would be the best gift for the holidays!

3 Comments:

  • At 3:52 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    Natasha, I sincerely wish you full and speedy recovery! Let all surprises be only good. You, more than anyone, deserves to enjoy life and share all joys that your wonderful family brings you. Good luck, you are in my thoughts!

    "Hello" to Raymond, kiss to Andryusha!
    Love,
    Julia

     
  • At 10:04 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    Hola Natalia,

    We miss you here and look forward getting together not in the diatant future. You continue to be in our prayers and thoughts. The spiritual energy has to continue along with the physical energy.

    Hugs and kisses for you, Raymond and Andryusha joon!

    Mioara, Samandar, Anisa & Grandpas

     
  • At 11:21 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    Natalia,
    You are soo strong!!! keep that great spirit you have burning brightly! You are constantly in my thoughts and prayers. I know you can do this!
    Much, much love to you and the family:)
    Bahiyyih Mickler
    (bz/gainesville florida)

     

Post a Comment

<< Home