Natalia's journey

In reality our entire family news will be shared through this blog as our baby grows and as we fight cancer.

Sunday, December 03, 2006

Not much news

Sorry for not posting for a while… I usually try to update once a week but not much new has been happening for the last 10 days; we are pretty tired of antibiotics I am getting for pneumonia as they don’t let us sleep well and I still drive every other day to MDA so all in all it’s taking a toll on us. Even on Thanksgiving day we were at MDA for about 3 hours or so. Tuesday I will be doing scans to see if pneumonia is gone so I will give an update Thursday or so. Apparently my type of pneumonia (CMV) is pretty rare among autologus transplant patients and among allo patients it can be deadly; so we definitely pray to be relieved of this test. Besides, it’s so cold now I have to be extra careful to not catch any cold or inflammation of some sort.

Other than that, we are doing ok – Andryusha amazes us with new things every day, he can mimic words pretty well (does that count for talking?!) and a few days ago he learned to walk backwards and to walk uphill and downhill – he seams to get very happy with every new accomplishment and so are we! Oh, and he loves to walk, I think yesterday he walked at least half a mile all by himself! No wonder he knows how to say in Russian ‘go for a walk’ – ‘gulyat’! Next time, I’ll try to post some fresh pics of Andryusha as a polar teddy bear :)

2 Comments:

  • At 5:33 AM, Blogger Mind-Body-Soul said…

    Praying for you in the Lotus Temple every Sunday! Take care of you self! Greeting to Raymond and my “cemik” to Adnryusha. With love, Inga

     
  • At 6:37 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    Hello Natalia and Raymond,

    I am not sure you are up to attend a live rock show yet - but if you are by band, Andria's Fault, is playing at bohemeos on Dec. 8th. The first 30 that walk through the door get a free demo of 4 songs which we hope to have completed by then. To sweeten the deal, anyone that is "with Natalie" gets in free. There is one catch, they have to know your son's name. I hope you continue to make progress.

     

Post a Comment

<< Home