Natalia's journey

In reality our entire family news will be shared through this blog as our baby grows and as we fight cancer.

Friday, January 26, 2007

I am going to glow starting next week!

Well, my insurance will not pay for proton therapy so MD Anderson will do regular MRT radiation on my chest. This Tuesday I went for a simulation and had one of the worse days in the year that I've been going there. No, it's not the doctors or staff, it's the PARKING! It was raining by the time I got there and they didn't have any capacity at the valet parking or the garage. I ended up circling the 10 levels of the garage for an HOUR driving myself into enormous stress, exhaust and frustration of being unable to get to the appointment. Apparently, several more people complained that day that they were refused the valet service, which is a huge blow to any patient. The parking service manger called to apologize and said they should have parked my car since I am the MD Anderson patient but it was too late for me ... I was so stressed and sick I had developed a chest pain that is still with me whenever I inhale deep, not to mentione a headache and a drop dead condition.... once I slept for an hour in a room waiting for the new appointment I felt strong enough to go through the simulation, which went almost fine. Why almost? Well, no one told me they would put 3 tattoos on me -- it came as a surprise and it was so painful, I don't know how anyone wants and ends up doing them! And it looks like it will be a huge area that's going to be radiated -- about 8 cm round = 3+ inches (at I thought it would be about 5 cm at max).

So I am still concerned about my lugs, my heart and my breasts short and long term .... wish me lots of positive and healthy vibes as I start a 3 week glowing journey!

2 Comments:

  • At 3:47 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    Natalie,
    We love you and pray for you. Sending lots of positive thoughts and energy your way.

    Nastia, Sasha i detki

     
  • At 1:12 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    I hope the treatment goes by fast and that you feel better. I also hope that you are able to find parking right away.

    I mailed you a baby shower invite and wanted to make sure you received it. It is this Saturday at 2:00 pm. We are having a girl.

    diana

     

Post a Comment

<< Home