Natalia's journey

In reality our entire family news will be shared through this blog as our baby grows and as we fight cancer.

Thursday, January 04, 2007

What is wrong with us?

The title may sound hush but we just received some shocking news that I jut can't get over... one of our good friends just lost his 20 year old daughter on Christmas day ... she died here in the Woodlands at a Christmas party where they had a competition of who could drink more...she got over intoxicated ...what? why? I just don't get it...

Here I am desperately trying to survive and make it for my baby and my family; and here is a beautiful healthy girl gone out of no reason... She had a kind heart - loved Andryusha, wanted to have a family and a lot of kids; loved life and all of a sudden gone... how does this happen? Why? Who's fault is it? Is it mine, the parents or society at large? Why do we drink or put up with it if we know it's bad for us all and those around us? I don't protest or say anything .... in fact, most of us just let it go and let it happen.... next, we loose our children because they copy our weaknesses as they don't know better -- they don't know life and they don't value life! It seems we are a society pushing the extremes.

Anyway, I am so lost and heart broken ... sorry, if I offended anyone but I just had to pore it out. So that's the news... I've been very tired ... don't know if it's from the holidays or just the news or all of the above... Holidays are over, no more breaks... next week I'll be going for the scans and a radiation consult ... I'll keep you posted.

1 Comments:

  • At 8:41 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    Sorry to hear that Natalia. Yes that is tragic news. Something that nor rhyme or reason can explain. Unfortuantely, most families in The Woodlands won't sit their child down for 10 minutes and discuss life. It's pathetic. I see all these kids running around in cars they have no reason being in and don't have a clue of responsibility b/c the parents just want them out of their hair or whatever reason(s). When will parents wake up? Who's to blame, the parent that doesn't have frequent talsk to their kids or the kid that kills someone in a car accident or in this case kills themself?

     

Post a Comment

<< Home