Natalia's journey

In reality our entire family news will be shared through this blog as our baby grows and as we fight cancer.

Thursday, December 28, 2006

De-ported!

Yes, I am finally done with the drips for pneumonia treatment and today my PICC line was removed at MD Anderson. I saved the catheter as my little trophy (this was a long one - 44 cm, about 1.5 ft and in case you are wondering what this catheter is like check out the pics from a fellow warrior Cliff who was brave enough to document his allo transplant). Gosh! These little milestones make me feel so good, and I can't wait to take a real shower and even a bath :)

Even though we will not know the results until the scans are complete in two week I feel very positive that we've knocked the pneumonia off. After all, we've done 2 extra weeks - it should be gone, right?! I feel like I really deserve a break before I move on to radiation - I was just too tired from the constant medications; and so tomorrow my dad and I will come by my office so he can see what my life was like before cancer and meet some of my co-workers :) It's kind of funny, he just arrived but he is already invited for New Year party while we will most likely stay home and take it easy. So Happy New Year everyone - it sounds like a very promising one!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home